AnimeFest 2021We would like to thank everyone who attended our virtual convention on 7/31/2021. We had a lot of fun with our guests. We especially like to thank all of our sponsors:
Thank you again. Your donations help us keep going so we can continue to bring our fans the content they love.
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Friday, December 17th through Sunday, December 19
Registration is now open! Stay tuned for more information regarding Guests, artist alley, and more.
To answer some questions:
- Your 2020 badge will be rolled over to this event. If you requested and received a refund, you will need to purchase a new membership for this event.
- We understand these dates are not aligned with our normal schedule, so a request to roll over to 2022 (where we will have our normal summer dates) can be made by emailing email@example.com. Otherwise you are able to transfer your badge by emailing.
- Like in 2020, we'll be monitoring COVID conditions especially with the current delta variant. Should anything change, we will announce as soon as we are able. We take the health and safety of attendees, guests, and volunteers very seriously and will release our guidelines at a later date.
- Properly worn masks will be required to enter convention space.
- Volunteering, panels, cosplay, and more will be announced soon so please keep an eye on our official channels.
How is AnimeFest Different?
We are run by a 501c3 non-profit charity with a mission to educate the public about world pop-culture. The event is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. We all have days jobs and do this in our spare time to help expand our mission.
If you register early and opt-in we can mail you your badge before the convention. This can save you considerable time when you arrive at the convention. You can get to the fun right away.
We are very selective of our volunteers and take quite a bit of time to train them on how to do their jobs. We emphasise the importance of care and compassion of our members. We do public data (violent-crime/sex offender) checks on all volunteers to better protect our members.
We have been running events since the early 1990s. This has given us a lot of time to refine our procedures and policies. Event management is a stressful job and experience is the key to running enjoyable events. We take member feedback seriously and strive to improve year after year.
We utilize the latest technologies to ensure that members have the information and support they need. This includes our new mobile-first website, mobile app, NFC badges, digital signage, personalized badges, and self-registration kiosks.