AnimeFest 2019AnimeFest is a convention for fans of anime, manga, games and other forms of pop-culture organized by World Fandom. We are a charity organization which relies on membership fees from members to host our annual events. Founded in 1992, we are the third longest running anime convention in the US. We are expecting over 12,000 fans to attend.
Dallas Arts District at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Friday, August 16th through Monday, August 19th
- November 2018
- 14th - Online Registration Opens
- TBD - Hotel Reservations Available (available as of Dec 26th)
- January 2019
- Dealers' Room Table Applications Opens
- February 2019
- TBD - Call-for-Panels Opens
- 22nd - Volunteer Registration Opens
- 23rd - Time of application announcement for Bazaar (aka Artist Alley) applications will be announced no later than February 23rd
- March 2019
- 2nd - Bazaar (aka Artist Alley) Table Applications Opens TBD
- June 2019
- 1st - All Guests Announced (Guests will be announced as they are confirmed, but we expect all of our guests to be announced by this date)
- July 2019
- TBD - Badges mailed to those who have registered and opt-in
- 17th - Hotel Reservation Deadline
- August 2019
- TBD - Early badge pickup day at World Fandom's office in Highland Village (Flower Mound)
- 15th - Early badge pickup at the Sheraton
- 16th - Convention Opens
How is AnimeFest Different?
We are run by a 501c3 non-profit charity with a mission to educate the public about world pop-culture. The event is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. We all have days jobs and do this in our spare time to help expand our mission.
Four Day Event
Most conventions are 3-day events from Friday through Sunday. AnimeFest runs from Friday through Monday. This gives us an additional evening for main events and a lot more time for activities.
If you register early and opt-in we can mail you your badge before the convention. This can save you considerable time when you arrive at the convention. You can get to the fun right away.
We are very selective of our volunteers and take quite a bit of time to train them on how to do their jobs. We emphasise the importance of care and compassion of our members. We do public data (violent-crime/sex offender) checks on all volunteers to better protect our members.
We have been running events since the early 1990s. This has given us a lot of time to refine our procedures and policies. Event management is a stressful job and experience is the key to running enjoyable events. We take member feedback seriously and strive to improve year after year.
We utilize the latest technologies to ensure that members have the information and support they need. This includes our new mobile-first website, mobile app, NFC badges, digital signage, personalized badges, and self-registration kiosks.
Community and Volunteering
Join our Discord server and be part of the discussion.
We have several open management positions for AnimeFest 2019. If you are interested please fill out our application form.
The first time I ever went I had a blast and I can't wait to go again! This year I'm taking my little sister with me and we're planning our cosplays already! I had so much fun and made a lot of friends!
--Victoria Kathryn Champagne
I've been both a vendor and now a panelist at A-Fest. I think this is one of the best run cons I've ever been a part off. Great staff, wonderful fans. Thumbs up all around.
Just wanted to say, I have been to a few cons in my days. I've been to AFEST, AKON, Comic CON, and a couple others. AFEST is definetly the best one I've been to. My friends and I all agree, and this year even decided that we weren't going to AKON and we were going to AFEST. I'll definetly be there this year, and many more years to come. Best con I've ever attended.