Press Credentials and Policies
Application for Press
Applications are due no later than May 15, 2019. Press who miss this date may apply on-site, but approval will be subject to availability. You can find the press application form at the bottom of this page.
Qualified press applicants will:
- Be over the age of 16 (student journalists will need to provide a letter of intent from their advisor or club sponsor).
- Provide evidence of their identity and media credentials (State ID and business card and/or letter of intent from an editor on official letterhead; link to an up-to-date website or recent, by-lined articles).
Meet the minimum requirements of:
- Personal bloggers and cosplay photographers are not eligible for press badges
- Outlet/organization must be at least 2 years old
- Active on at least 2 social media platforms
- Receive 5,000 unique monthly page hits, or
- 1,000 fans, likes, or followers for the applicant’s target media outlets
All applications are subject to review. Candidates for a Press Badge will undergo a screening process based on the information provided on their application form, which will include examples of previous convention coverage or coverage of similar events. Applicants should keep in mind that a press pass is subject to approval and is not guaranteed.
Press Credentials: Benefits and Limitations
Receipt of press credentials provides the following privileges:
- Press access to guest interviews. These are coordinated by the Press Relations department via communication and consultation with the Guest Services team.
- Press access to press-only seating when provided at events, subject to space availability and other restrictions.
- General access to all public areas of the convention and event spaces requiring badged entry.
Press credentials are subject to the following limitations:
- Registered members of Press must obey all event and venue policies.
- Registered members of Press must arrange for their own expenses, and finance their own travel, room arrangements, and food.
- Press badges can only be picked up on-site.
Failure to comply with these policies may result in revocation of Press Badge(s).
Interviews with official guests must be requested and arranged through the Press Relations department by June 7, 2019. Additional pre-screening may be required for interview requests with certain guests. Only registered members of Press may request interviews with official guests.
Interviews will be arranged as guest availability allows, and interviews are not guaranteed.
Event staff work with guests, their publicists, managers, and industry representatives to schedule the guests' time to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Ad Hoc Interviews
Ad hoc interviews with attendees, dealers, and people other than guests and industry do not require pre-approval by the Press Relations department. As a standard courtesy, we request that you ask permission to interview and/or photograph attendees, dealers and others, as well as respect their right to deny your request. In the event you wish to conduct such interviews in one of the available press rooms, you will need to reserve the space through the Press Relations department.
Rules of Behavior for Registered Press
Registered members of Press are reminded to conduct themselves in a professional manner while representing themselves as a member of the press.
Professional behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Showing respect to event guests, staff, and other participants;
- Showing up 10 minutes early for scheduled interviews or press events, or notifying the Press Relations department staff of any delays as soon as possible;
- Arriving prepared to conduct scheduled interviews;
- Obeying the moderator's rules for timing or avoiding specific topics;
- Complying with all photo restrictions, as conveyed by event staff or by the guests themselves.
- Photos of guests to accompany coverage are allowed, subject to the guest’s permission and schedule.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants will be screened using existing publicly available records to attempt to identify individuals who should not be allowed to attend due to current or previous legal concerns.
Press Application Form