What that means - good music, fun people, and partying into the wee hours. There will be a different DJ for each night's event. We would like everyone to have fun, so please observe the following rules:
- An active AnimeFest 2014 badge or wristband is required to enter the dance.
- Members entering the dance are subject to voluntary searches for contraband (weapons, drugs, alcohol, or other illegal substances). Members may refuse the search, but will not be permitted into the dance.
- Please do not throw items during the dance. Airborne items will be confiscated and tagged, to be retrieved from Lost and Found at the end of the convention. If you are seen throwing an item, you will be asked to leave the dance and not permitted to return that evening.
- No beverages are allowed in the dance. Water stations are located directly outside the dance room, and will be kept full to help you stay hydrated.
- You will not be allowed to bring a bag into the dance. All you need is yourself, your costume and your dancing shoes!
- Hand-held glow sticks and hoops will be allowed in the dance, and will have a designated area for performance.
- Glow sticks on strings will NOT be allowed.
- No large props will be allowed other than the hand-held glow sticks and hoops in the designated area.
- Dress code rules apply. If you have questions regarding your attire, please ask a staff member.
- Please secure your own belongings. AnimeFest is not responsible for any items lost during the dance.
- The stage and all equipment are property of AnimeFest and for use by authorized staff only. Authorized staff will be designated by AnimeFest directors.
This is only a partial list; all staff, guests, vendors, and attendees are expected to follow all convention rules. A complete list of convention rules is available at https://animefest.org/u/AboutUs/ConventionRules.
DJLacey Stars, or "DJ StarrLight," is former member of the tag duo The HitStarz. She got her start as a weekly resident of Hotel Capri's "Taking Back Tuesday" in April 2010. Soon after establishing herself as half of the tag duo "The HitStarz," Lacey became a main stage resident Deejay & main room Emcee of a popular up-and coming EDM club under ShowDown Entertainment from July 2010 to April 2011.
In September 2012, Lacey Jayne became an official member of the "Vinyl Vixens," the #1 Female DJ Crew in Texas. StarrLight can now be found spinning at the hottest venues in Dallas as a monthly resident of "Girls On Deck" at Mantus Lounge, monthly resident of "The BASSment" at The Abbey Underground, and bi-weekly at "E.D.G.E. Thursdays" at the World Famous Lizard Lounge and many more! Lacey has also worked with many noted charity organizations, including Toys For Tots, Radio Disney, and the Williams Syndrome Association, as well as high-society events, sports tournaments and widely publicized charity functions. As a proud member of the performing arts, Lacey "Starrlight" is sure to delight and excite audiences worldwide!
DJDJ Nativus been DJing electronic dance music for over ten years and has held an FM radio show, a club residency, and his own weekly event in Austin. Recently, DJ Nativus has taken over Furry FM and serves as the owner and main DJ for that online station.
While his number one passion is trance music, he mixes progressive, hands up, hard dance, house, and maybe a little hardstyle. He is extremely familiar with the dance scene in Japan and will not disappoint fans of that culture. (Eurobeat anyone?)
With pride, he mixes without computer assistance and simply uses his ears and the groove of the crowd to maintain a solid mix. Prepare for a night filled with high energy.
DJ Melee Max
DJMy name is Jay.Q ,but when I am behind the turntables my name is Melee Max.
My love for electronic music started back in 2008 when I was still shuffling at lunch time. I started DJing around 2009, but didn't get my first turntables until 2011. Since then I have been DJing at parties and events across the DFW area, and even started producing my own music. My favorite DJ once said "if you have never lost it on the dance floor; you can never find it behind the turntables." I have been living by those words ever since. Bringing the best in electronic from trance to house to even a little dub step!