AnimeFest is a fan volunteer run non-profit organization with no paid employees. We rely solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans and con-staffers to manage every aspect of the convention.
What are the qualifications?
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 16 hours during or before the convention. During the convention this is typically broken into 3-4 hour shifts.
- Be at least 16 years old and have proof of your age. If you have any questions regarding type of acceptable proof, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the pre-convention staff meeting on Saturday August 2nd from Noon-3pm at the AnimeFest office in Richardson, TX. (Exceptions will be made for out-of-town volunteers, but please let us know if you can't make it.)
- Prior convention staff experience is a plus, but not required (please let us know about any prior experience).
What's in it for me?
- Free admission to the convention.
- Ability to purchase the staff t-shirts.
- Ability to register for staff crash space for volunteers over the age of 18 who are volunteering for 24 hours of work or more. We provide a VERY limited number of staff hotel rooms, so sign up before the convention is necessary. All crash space requests must be made no later than July 18th. We will announce when our staff rooms are full; at that time, we will start a waiting list for available spaces but do not depend on this availability.
Sounds good, what do I do?
Glad you asked! If you are qualified and interested, please fill out the Volunteer Form
. If you are on Facebook and interested, please request to join the AnimeFest volunteer group. Note that acceptance to the Facebook volunteer group will not be approved until your are placed on a staff for the 2014 convention.
Note that some staffs have not yet opened for volunteers. All choices should be open by June 1st, 2014 but feel free to check back periodically to see if your preferred staff is available earlier. If you have questions regarding volunteering, please email email@example.com
. Thanks for your patience.