Press Credentials and Policies
Application for PressApplications will be due no later than July 28, 2017. Applications for Japanese guests will be accepted no later than June 28th, 2017. Press who miss this date may apply on-site, but approval will be subject to availability. You can find the press application form at the bottom of this page.
Qualified press applicants will:
- Be over the age of 16 (student journalists will need to provide a letter of intent from their advisor or club sponsor).
- Provide evidence of their identity and media credentials (Business card and/or letter of intent from an editor on official letterhead; link to an up-to-date website or recent, by-lined articles).
- Meet minimum requirements* of:
- 10,000 unique monthly page hits, or
- 1,000 fans, likes, or followers for the applicant’s target media outlet.
Each approved media outlet will receive up to four complimentary press badges to attend the convention. Additional comp badges and press credentials may be provided if there is a demonstrated need for more.
Limited press access may be available at discounted purchase rates to certain members of media, such as cosplay photographers and bloggers, who may not otherwise be qualified for a press badge.
Press Credentials: Benefits and LimitationsReceipt of press credentials provides the following privileges:
- Press access to guest interviews, scheduled through AnimeFest Press.
- Press access to press-only seating when provided at AnimeFest events, subject to space availability and other restrictions.
- General access to all public areas of the convention and to event spaces requiring badged entry.
- Registered members of Press must obey all AnimeFest policies.
- Registered members of Press must arrange for their own expenses, and finance their own travel, room arrangements, and food.
AnimeFest Interview ProceduresInterviews with official AnimeFest guests must be requested and arranged through the AnimeFest Press staff. Only registered members of Press may request interviews with official AnimeFest guests. Any and all questions for official guest interviews will be screened beforehand.
In the event the Guest & Industry Interview Request Application deadline has passed.
You may still make a request via email, but please realize that there is a high likelihood that the schedules may not be able to accommodate your request.
Ad Hoc InterviewsAd hoc interviews with attendees, dealers, and people other than guests and industry do not require AnimeFest Press approval. As a standard courtesy, we request that you ask permission to interview and/or photograph attendees, dealers and others, and respect their right to deny your request. In the event you wish to conduct such interviews in one of the available press rooms, you will need to reserve the space with us.
Rules of Behavior for Registered PressRegistered members of Press are reminded to conduct themselves in a professional manner while representing themselves as a member of the press. Professional behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Showing respect to AnimeFest guests, staff, and other participants;
- Showing up early for scheduled interviews or press events, or notifying AnimeFest Press staff of any delays;
- Arriving prepared to conduct scheduled interviews;
- Obeying the moderator's rules for timing or avoiding specific topics;
- Complying with all photo restrictions, as conveyed by AnimeFest staff or by the guests themselves.
- Photos of guests to accompany coverage are allowed, subject to the guest’s permission and schedule.