AnimeFest 2018 Art ShowWelcome to the world of fan art. Whether you are starting your collection, just saw a picture you like, or are looking for that one piece to finish out the media montage on the west wall, the AnimeFest Art Show will have what you need. We have a collection of artists ranging from first time local sketch artists to nationally recognized professionals, plus jewelry, textiles, mixed media, and 3D.
The AnimeFest Art Show features fan art primarily of Japanese animation style, both well known and original characters. Quite often we also have more traditional Japanese art forms and subjects such as sumi-e and charcoals. We also welcome various crossovers from the science fiction and fantasy genres.
While art, by definition, is judged by its aesthetics, it is also classified by its medium: oils, pastels, colored pencil and CG. Also, art for collection and appreciation, must be judged on its rarity: original, limited edition, or print. Originals are of one of a kind, from the artist's hand. This would be something that is not duplicated. Limited edition, also known as signed and numbered, is used with such techniques as lithography and prints. In which several prints are made from an original "plate". Historically as the plate would erode or wear, the lower the print number the more highly valued. Prints made using modern computer graphics or color copy unlimited quantities with little, if any, difference from the first copy to the last. Thus allowing mass distribution at a small cost, but these are unlikely to appreciate in value.
Art Show Viewing Hours
- Friday, August 17: 12 pm (noon) - 7 pm
- Saturday, August 18: 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday, August 19: 10 am - 6 pm
- Monday, August 20: 9 am - 2 pm
General Rules for Members
- All persons wishing to purchase art at the Art Auction must obtain a bidder's number. You will need to stop by the Art Show desk during the viewing hours above to acquire a number. We will not be assigning bidder's numbers during the auction. If you have any interest in attending the auction, please make sure you pick up a number sometime prior to the auction.
- For those persons for whom the Art Auction is a new experience, please keep in mind that there is a lot of art to go through and it may take a while. Please give us your patience and we promise to give each piece its full due.
- When purchasing art for "Quick Sale", you have the choice of taking the art piece with you or leaving it on display (marked as SOLD) for others to have a chance to appreciate the artist's work.
- All art sold must be picked up by 1 hour prior to the closing of the Art Show on the last day.
- The Art Show will have volunteers at the door to check your purses, packages, cameras, or other items for the entire time the show is open for viewing. It is their job to secure the room and keep artworks safe. Please comply with the check-in process and do not give them a hard time. We promise you will get your items back when you leave. They will also stop any persons attempting to bring food or drink into the Art Show. We think the art is most beautiful when there are no spills to be seen. The Art Show will be locked outside of the viewing hours above.
- No photography is allowed in the Art Show or Art Auction without express permission of the artist and Art Show Manager.
- Finally, the Art Show comprised mostly of artwork from fans. We ask that you do not make rude, hurtful, or demeaning comments about any of the art shown. They were brave enough to put it up; be kind enough to appreciate their efforts. We reserve the right to bar and/or expel any persons causing a scene.
- The Art Show Manager reserves the rights to change or add to these rules as circumstances dictate.
Art Show Information and Application for ArtistsAF2018 Art Show Information
AF2018 Art Show Application Form and Agreement