VolunteeringAnimeFest is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and has no paid employees. We rely solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans to staff and manage every aspect of the convention.
If you are looking to volunteer for gaming, please visit GameFest Volunteering
What are the qualifications for volunteering?
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 16 hours during or before the convention. Work during the convention is typically broken up into 3-4 hour shifts.
- Be at least 16 years of age and show proof of your age. If you have any questions regarding types of acceptable proof, please contact email@example.com.
- Attend the pre-convention staff meeting. The meeting time and location is The meeting will Saturday, August 3rd at Mobile Production Services 141 Regal Row Dallas, TX 75247 from 3 pm to 6pm. (Exceptions can be made for out-of-town volunteers, but please let us know if you can't make it.).
- Prior convention staff experience is a plus, but not required. (Please let us know about any prior experience you have.)
What's in it for me?
- Free admission to both conventions - AnimeFest and GameFest.
- Ability to purchase the staff t-shirts.
- Ability to register for staff crash space for volunteers over 18 years of age, who are volunteering for a minimum of 24 hours of work. Requests for crash space can be made AFTER you are accepted to a staff. Crash space is usually shared with 3-4 other volunteers of the same gender. We are only able to provide a VERY limited number of staff hotel rooms for crash spaces, so signing up before the convention is necessary. All crash space requests must be made no later than July 15, 2018. We will announce when our staff hotel rooms are full; at that time, we will start a waiting list for available crash spaces, but do not depend on this for availability.
- Up to $20 reimbursement per person for Parking, Dart or TRE passes dated between August 16th and August 20th.