AnimeFest is a fan volunteer run non-profit organization with no paid employees, relying solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans and con-staffers to manage every aspect of the convention. As a volunteer for AnimeFest, I understand and agree to the following:
- AnimeFest is not responsible for my actions. I do not, and will not, hold AnimeFest responsible for any expenses, damages or injury related to my participation as a volunteer. Because I am not an employee of AnimeFest, I will not receive payment for services as a volunteer, nor will I be entitled to receive Worker’s Compensation benefits or other payments under the law of the State of Texas in the event I am injured.
- I will obey the rules. I agree to abide by the rules set forth by the Sheraton Dallas Hotel as well as the City of Dallas, as enforced by hotel management, convention staff, and Dallas Police Department. Violations of these rules will be determined by the hotel staff or police officers as appropriate, who will also determine appropriate actions in regards to any violations. AnimeFest will not be responsible for consequences of these actions.
- I will be respectful to everyone. I will treat all convention management, guests, fellow volunteers, vendors and attendees with respect, and I can expect the same consideration in return. Discrimination based on race, gender, age, religious belief, sexual orientation or physical capability, or harassment for any reason, will not be tolerated under any circumstance. Failure to comply with this rule can be cause for removal from the convention upon approval by my department manager or a convention director. Extreme circumstances can be turned over to Dallas Police for prosecution as appropriate.
- I will return items assigned to me. Equipment and assets belonging to AnimeFest (computers, tablets, radios, etc.) should be returned at the end of each shift. I will be responsible for replacement costs of any items that have been assigned to me but not returned in satisfactory working condition.
- I understand my picture might be taken. AnimeFest is a photo-friendly environment, with multiple photographic opportunities. I understand that I may appear directly or indirectly in photos taken, and consent to the unrestricted use by AnimeFest or their staff of any photographs, recording, interviews or videotapes taken during my participation in any AnimeFest activities for use in promotional materials, either printed, broadcast or on the internet. AnimeFest is not responsible for photo or video coverage by non-AnimeFest staff (press, attendees, etc.)
- I will work the shifts assigned. By receiving my volunteer badge, I am agreeing to work the schedule outlined by my department manager. If I fail to complete my duties as assigned, my volunteer status and access to staff rooms for this year may be revoked by my department manager or convention director. In extreme circumstances, I may be refused entrance into the convention, and I may be removed from the premises upon approval by a convention director.
- If I see something wrong, I will say something. As a volunteer, I will notify the convention management of any concerns regarding the safety of guests, volunteers, vendors or attendees. If I observe guests, volunteers, vendors or attendees damaging hotel facilities, I will report their activity to convention management or hotel staff immediately.
- Staff rooms are a privilege, not a right. If I am offered the option to stay in a convention-provided staff room, I agree to obey all of the room rules posted on both the AnimeFest website and in the staff room during the convention.
- If I don’t follow the rules, there will be consequences. If I fail to follow these rules or other rules as set forth by my department manager, my volunteer status and access to staff rooms for this year may be revoked by my department manager or convention director. Extreme violations may be subject to refusal of volunteer status for future years.