AnimeFest is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and has no paid employees. We rely solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans to staff and manage every aspect of the convention.
What are the qualifications for volunteering?
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 16 hours during or before the convention. Work during the convention is typically broken up into 3-4 hour shifts.
- Be at least 16 years of age and show proof of your age. If you have any questions regarding types of acceptable proof, please contact email@example.com.
- Attend the pre-convention staff meeting. The meeting time and location is The meeting will be August 1st at TBA
- Prior convention staff experience is a plus, but not required. (Please let us know about any prior experience you have.)
AnimeFest may review existing publicly available records to identify individuals who should not be allowed to volunteer due to current or previous legal concerns. If you have questions or concerns about your ability to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's in it for me?
- Free admission to both conventions - AnimeFest and GameFest.
- Ability to purchase the staff t-shirts.
- Ability to register for staff crash space for volunteers over 18 years of age, who are volunteering for a minimum of 24 hours of work. Requests for crash space can be made AFTER you are accepted to a staff. Crash space is usually shared with 3-4 other volunteers of the same gender. We are only able to provide a VERY limited number of staff hotel rooms for crash spaces, so signing up before the convention is necessary. All crash space requests must be made no later than July 17, 2020. We will announce when our staff hotel rooms are full; at that time, we will start a waiting list for available crash spaces, but do not depend on this for availability.
- Up to $20 reimbursement per person for Parking, Dart or TRE passes dated between August 14th and August 17th.
Sounds good, what do I do?
Glad you asked! If you are qualified and interested, please fill out the Volunteer Form. If you are on Facebook, please request to join the AnimeFest volunteer group. Note that acceptance to the Facebook volunteer group will not be approved until you are placed on a staff for the 2020 convention.
If you've been a volunteer for one or more years and are interested in stepping up, we have several open management positions for AnimeFest 2020. If you are interested please fill out our application form