VolunteeringAnimeFest is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and has no paid employees. We rely solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans to staff and manage every aspect of the convention.
Department Info: Meet the StaffPlease follow the link to our YouTube series on Meet the Staff to check out further information about some of our departments.
What are the qualifications for volunteering?
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 16 hours during or before the convention. Work during the convention is typically broken up into 3-4 hour shifts.
- Be at least 16 years of age and show proof of your age. If you have any questions regarding types of acceptable proof, please contact email@example.com.
- Prior convention staff experience is a plus, but not required. (Please let us know about any prior experience you have.)
- Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine by December 1, 2021 to be assigned crash space.
IMPORTANT NOTE: AnimeFest may review existing publicly available records to identify individuals who should not be allowed to volunteer due to current or previous legal concerns. If you have questions or concerns about your ability to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Policies for 2021
- All Volunteers will be required to wear masks
- ALL Volunteers will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the event. To find a testing site near you, click here in Texas or here for other states
- Volunteers asking for Staff Crash will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination
- It is Highly recommended that ALL volunteers get the COVID shot. You can find a location near you Vaccines.gov
What's in it for me?
- Free admission to both conventions - AnimeFest and GameFest.
- Ability to purchase the staff t-shirts.
- Ability to register for staff crash space for volunteers over 18 years of age, who are volunteering for a minimum of 24 hours of work. Requests for crash space can be made AFTER you are accepted to a staff. Crash space is usually shared with 3-4 other volunteers of the same gender. We are only able to provide a VERY limited number of staff hotel rooms for crash spaces, so signing up before the convention is necessary. All crash space requests must be made no later than November 15, 2021. We will announce when our staff hotel rooms are full; at that time, we will start a waiting list for available crash spaces, but do not depend on this for availability.
- Up to $20 reimbursement per person for Parking, Dart or TRE passes dated between December 16th and December 20th.
Please login to access the volunteer form. If you are new, please create an account to login.
- 2021-Aug - Page created
- 2021-Sep-2 - Policy Update - testing required