VolunteeringAnimeFest is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and has no paid employees. We rely solely on the kindness of fellow anime fans to staff and manage every aspect of the convention.
Department Info: Meet the StaffPlease follow the link to our YouTube series on Meet the Staff to check out further information about some of our departments.
What are the qualifications for volunteering?
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 16 hours during or before the convention. Work during the convention is typically broken up into 3-4 hour shifts.
- Be at least 16 years of age and show proof of your age. If you have any questions regarding types of acceptable proof, please contact email@example.com.
- If you are below the age of 18 your parent/guardian must be present at check in to sign your volunteer waiver.
- Prior convention staff experience is a plus, but not required. (Please let us know about any prior experience you have.)
- Attend the pre-convention staff meeting. The meeting will be July 15th from 3pm to 5pm via Zoom
- Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine by July 8, 2023 to be assigned crash space.
Please view a recording of the All Volunteer Meeting on our Twitch channel
IMPORTANT NOTE: AnimeFest may review existing publicly available records to identify individuals who should not be allowed to volunteer due to current or previous legal concerns. If you have questions or concerns about your ability to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Policies for 2023- Masks are recommended but not required - Per current CDC guidelines the Dallas area does not require masking. If this changes closer to the event we will update our policy.
- ALL Volunteers will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the event. To find a testing site near you, click here in Texas or here for other states
- Volunteers asking for Staff Crash will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination
- It is Highly recommended that ALL volunteers get the COVID shot. You can find a location near you Vaccines.gov
What's in it for me?- Free admission to both conventions - AnimeFest and GameFest.
- Ability to purchase the staff t-shirts.
- Ability to register for staff crash space for volunteers over 18 years of age, who are volunteering for a minimum of 24 hours of work. Requests for crash space can be made AFTER you are accepted to a staff. Crash space is usually shared with 3-4 other volunteers of the same gender. We are only able to provide a VERY limited number of staff hotel rooms for crash spaces, so signing up before the convention is necessary. All crash space requests must be made no later than June 23rd, 2023. We will announce when our staff hotel rooms are full; at that time, we will start a waiting list for available crash spaces, but do not depend on this for availability.
- Up to $20 reimbursement per person for Parking, Dart or TRE passes dated between July 27th and July 31st.
Please login to access the volunteer form. If you are new, please create an account to login.
- 2023-Feb- Page created